I have a plan

I don’t know what’s going on in this picture – I don’t think he does either. I just thought I’d share it.

It was a beautiful morning. 73 degrees and sunny. The air was so fresh and clean. I weighed myself and found out that I lost another pound of baby weight. I had coffee – I’m still perky 🙂

This morning I “worked”. By work, I mean writing, work that I’m trying to get paid for one day. I just finished revising, again, a story I’ve been revising for two years. I WILL send it out this time. I will. It will never be any more finished than it is now.

Dylan sleeps every morning after breakfast. Two hours or so, from 9:00 to 11:00. So every morning now, I’ve decided to have “work” time. I will have my coffee (I’m still not completely sure if the caffeine bothers him or not – he’s cranky when I have it, but he’s cranky when I don’t too) because the coffee seems to be crucial to my focus. Otherwise the baby just seems much too cuddly and warm and before I know it, I’m holding him and we both nap on the couch until noon.

So I will “work” downstairs in the livingroom on the couch with loose-leaf paper and a pen. I have a perfectly good office that I am completely unproductive in. My computer is there and it is evil – the internet, blogs, mommy message boards, baby pictures, and The Sims 2. There is no better way to waste a whole bunch of time.

When we are older and richer (we’re counting on hubby for the richer part) I will have two offices. One for work – a bare writing desk in a room full of books, huge windows with a fantastic view, a stack of loose-leaf paper, pens, and a comfortable chair (maybe even a laptop with nothing on it but Word) – and one for play. But the living room will have to work for now, the TV running the exact same news stories over and over again on CNN – I can’t handle complete silence.

Okay, well Dylan is waking up from his glorious two-and-a-half hour nap, so… It’s funny how so many conversations and writings are ended these days with, “He’s waking up now, gotta go.”